29 Nov 2016
BEING IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE BEST FRIEND
Imagine you have the best friend you've known for years. You grow up together and spend the most of your time doing the weirdest things. Together. There is nobody who knows you better. You're really close and one day you realise you're in love with him. What now? Shall you tell your friend how you're feeling about him or shall you wait and let the feeling pass?
It's understandable that having a crush on your closest friend makes you feel embarrassed or confused. If you dare to reveal your feelings you may loose [yeah, loose because a relationship will change your friendship for ever] one of the most important people in your life BUT you may also gain a lot more [I don't wanna say find the love of your life but I mean it]. Take a look at the list below and decide what to do.
ADVANTAGES OF DATING YOUR BEST FRIEND:
- you're with the person who knows you best [even better than your mom or dad does]. You don't have to put the pounds of makeup on and be careful with what you say or how you behave because your friend knows the real you. You can be yourself which isn't common with the beginning couples.
- you can avoid all the inconveniences, awkwardnesses and embarrassments connected with the beginning of each relationship
- dating a person you know is much more comfortable than meeting up a stranger. I bet you and your friend have a million of topic to talk about.
- a friendship is also a kind of a relationship so if your friendship works well it's more likely your relationship will also work well
- you two know your secrets, tell yourselves all the details from your life and know you can trust each other. You can't feel so comfortable with no one else.
DISADVANTAGES OF DATING YOUR BEST FRIEND:
- probably you won't experience a love story of your life. If you hope for a hot romance full of love and passion forget about your best friend. It's difficult to feel passionate about someone you've known for ages.
- you'll loose your friend. Sounds awry but is true. Getting into relationship with your best friend is a risky thing. Once you break up, you'll never be the same friends. You won't be friends anymore to be honest. Is it worth the price?
- an advantage may be a drawback as well. The fact you know each other very well may turn out an obstacle in building intimacy [see the next point]
- physical closeness may seem weird. Imagine you're kissing your bestie. Feels oddly, right? Well you have to be prepared for such situations. Remember that friendly hugs will turn into something more. Do you really want it?